Monday, February 7, 2011

First Valentine's project of the month!


I had so much fun designing and making this that I wanted to be sure to share it with you all.  I love my Wishblade for projects, but I am no expert.  The more I play, the more comfortable I am and the better my projects are.  I really do a lot of things with text when I'm using this cutter, and having all those free fonts available on the internet really helped me out!


 I went into the Create and Cut software that comes with the Wishblade and started typing out the word "Love" over and over in just about every font.  Then I started arranging them in a shape that would fit inside my mat.  I resized some of the words as I went along and turned them in different directions.  I cut it out of vinyl (which is pretty easy to find at just about any craft store these days).  I'll explain why in a minute.

 This is the close up of it after  I've peeled the letters out.  Some of those are pretty delicate cuts and because I used the vinyl I just had to pop the letters out instead of worrying about how I was going to get the paper peeled off the cutting mat, know what I mean?  Pretty sure that I would have had some tearing that way.

 I just put it in a cheapo frame and mat that I bought.  Got the mat a while back at Michael's for about $3 and the frame was $7.50 at  JoAnne's.  Not too shabby if you ask me :)


I made the fuller flowers out of some old Primas and hot glued the thicker embellishments right onto the glass.  The little sequins go right through my Xyron 150. 

I hope you like this one because it's one of my favorite projects right now.  I have very little stuff to use for Valentine's decor and this looks pretty cute in my front hallway.

2 comments:

Dannelle said...

It came out darling !!

Kelly B Rutherford said...

That is awesome!!! LOVE IT!