Monday, December 6, 2010

Let's catch up!

How about we talk about why I've been so absent lately :)
We can start with Thanksgiving!  We stay home and cook our own meal (that way we get leftovers).  We were busy with that on Wednesday and Thursday of that week.  The meal came out great and I even made some of the little pilgrim hats that I shared on Facebook.  If you get the Fiskars newsletter you've seen them too.  The kids all loved them!
They hold crayons.  I gave the kids each one with a new pack of crayons inside and some cardstock to draw on.  They liked getting to color while they ate dinner.
I also made some pies to take to our friends' house after dinner.  I don't like pie, but I think they turned out okay because they were eaten!

Pioneer Woman's Scrumptious Apple Pie

Martha Stewart's Pumpkin Cream Pie

So we wrapped up Thanksgiving and had to haul some booty to get the house ready for Christmas and Hanukkah.  I had to take down the fall decorations and get out my Christmas stuff and all that takes time.  We didn't really have time because this year Hanukkah started on December 1st.  I host Hanukkah dinner every year for my husband's family and some of our friends.  I make a ton of stuff from scratch and have to clean this whole monster of a house and it takes a while!  We were scrambling to get done, and I had to change and eliminate some things from the menu so that we'd get done in time for everyone to be here Saturday night.  Some friends came early and helped us to do all the last minute things that seem to slow us down at the last second and we were actually ready to go by the time everyone else got here!


Star of David shaped butters.  Because I'm OCD.

Challah!  I made a TON this year.

Placecard/Favor boxes

Remember those tissue paper balls I showed a couple of weeks ago?  Here they are!
Anyway, that whole bunch of busy time is done, but I have plenty more coming up.  Celebrating both Hanukkah and Christmas makes for a busy December, but then you add in my birthday, a holiday party and holiday baking and things get lost in the shuffle.
I'll be back this week with a holiday ornament and I'll get to posting the holiday crafts I've been working on.  Have a great week!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Wow! Your table looked beautiful.

Vanessa Johnson said...

What a gorgeous dinner!!! Dang! So pretty!!!!!